Sunday, September 21, 2008

rib cage

I found that tracing the rib cage was harder than I expected. The male models have larger muscles so it was harder to see exactly where the rib cage would be. I found that putting myself in the same position as the model helped me understand the orientation of all the parts of the rib cage. I did however have to look up pictures of the rib cage online because I was never completely certain of its structure. Even so, at the end of this exercise I feel as if I understand the rib cage structure better than at the beginning.




Michelangelo
Study for the Risen Christ
1512
black chalk, 36.8 x 31.8cm



Peter Paul Rubens
Study of a Male Figure, Seen from Behind
charcoal, heightened with white, 375 x 285mm



Michelangelo
Nude Study
1511
Red Chalk

No comments: