Saturday, November 8, 2008

Long Pose #1




I found this long drawing to be successful for many different reasons. One of the first reasons is the accurate proportion of the drawing. I did a successful job especially in the abdominal area of making sure the width of the area is consistent. I also excelled with anatomy. The position of the rib cage and the distance between the body of the rib cage and the top of the iliatic crest is realistic. I also was able to incorporate the abdominal and oblique muscles. I feel I was successful with having a variety of line weight all throughout my drawing, but could have made the depth perception stronger by being more deliberate with the line values. I still need to work on making the lines that lie deeper in space lighter than the lines that are closest to me. What I find most interesting about this piece is the abdominal area. I worked hard at giving the figure a sense of life and making sure everything was in correct proportion.

1 comment:

Amy Fichter [xenia elizabeth] said...

your use of muscle attachment lines and anatomical landmarks is really strong and i can see you making progress from earlier to now.