Friday, October 3, 2008

Comparison

When I compared my ten-minute drawing to Amy’s the three differences I noticed were, the figure fitting in space, the angles on the body and line variation. Amy’s figure fit into the space of her picture and the size of the drawn figure complimented the size of the paper. My figure did not fit into the space well because I did not factor in enough space for the extended leg to fit. All would have worked better if I had turned my pad of paper horizontally. I also noticed that the angles of the cross contours and bone structures Amy drew were more precise. I thought with my drawing I did well with most angles, but could have been improved if I had spent more time on studying he cross contours and bone structures. The biggest angel I struggled with was the extended leg. From my view, her leg was going straight out from her side, but my drawing looks flat and awkward. The last element I noticed between Amy’s drawing and my own was the line variation. Amy’s drawing resisted outlining and had a wide variety of light to dark lines and line thickness. Both of these elements made Amy’s drawing appear with more life and have a good sense of atmospheric perspective. I have noticed that I tend to have a hard touch; therefore I have darker thick lines. I would always try to start light, but when I liked a line that I drew I would dramatically darken it to make sure it would be noticed. I usually remembered to include atmospheric perspective after I had drawn because I go back in with my eraser and lighten lines that were farther away from me. Even so, I think I can work on exaggerating the value of my lines to increase the sense of life in my drawings.

No comments: